Thursday, June 9, 2011

Angel Without Wings

Here's a little excerpt from a novel being written by grade 10 student, Jeff Cramm.  Check it out and leave a comment for him!

Once upon a time there was a world not quite like ours. This world is called Neo Terra. Neo Terra is home to many different kinds of beings; like werewolves. These werewolves were quite powerful and were bipedal. Some were bounty hunters while others tried to live with the humans. There were also vampires in this mystic world. The vampires loved their solitary confinement, and would kill almost anyone. Though their bite doesn’t turn you to a vampire, it’s been said it’s deathly fatal. There are plenty of different creatures in this world. In this world there was a kingdom of great renown known as Anivestis. Anivestis was located on the western continent of Flow......


As I finished, I looked to the class, then turned to the teacher to see a look of distaste.

 “This is a pretty farfetched story; where did you get this from again?”

“I dreamed it up last night,” was my answer.

The class burst into laughing and suddenly I felt like getting back to my seat. English class came to an end, and so did the school day seeing as this is my last period. I went to my locker and opened it and got my books ready to go home.

            My name is Vincent Nekosame, and I am a 17 year old high school student in Kyoto, Japan. I have chestnut hair that is down an inch below my ears. My eyes are a deep green and I am 5 foot 10 inches in height. I was never a popular kid in school for several reasons, but the latest reason would have to be that I have been having dreams of another world. Ever since I can remember I have been having them, but lately they have been coming more frequently. The place is apparently called Neo Terra, and this kingdom known as Anivestis. As I closed my locker to leave for my house, a couple of boys came towards me.

“Hey, Vincent!” one boy called out.

I recognized the voice as if it was my closest friend. His name is Kida, one of the bullies at my school. He is a blockhead that is barely passing any of his classes. This guy looks like your usual big, thick-headed guy except that he is a ginger.  Kida thinks he can get away with anything because his father is a lawyer.

“Where are all you fairy friends, out for a stroll?” Kida started, “it’s not like you got any other friends, right?”

I was not going to take it this time; I put my bag down and made my first mistake.

“Stop it Kida,” I said in a stern voice, “or you will regret it.”

Kida looked to his friends and started to laugh, “Oh, I’m sorry Vincent. Did I hurt your feelings?” He said in a demoralizing tone, “I think I have just the fix for this, how about a little beating to take your mind off of it?”

 He started to come towards me clinching his fist. I backed off a bit preparing for the pain when I saw a broom come down of Kida’s head.

“Leave Vincent alone!”

Then this person kept beating the guys with the broom till they left. I noticed who it was after they left. Her name is Koyiko Koromiko. She is one of the cutest girls in my school.

No comments:

Post a Comment